Wedding Centerpiece Tips
When it comes to the big day, your centerpieces will be the center of attention when your guests gather at your reception and sit down for their meal – so why not greet them with something fabulous? No matter which way you go – over the top glam or simple and rustic – here are some tips to make sure your centerpieces are the perf complement to your overall look!
- Highs and Lows A trick of the trade to create a dynamic and interesting look in the reception is to have both high and low centerpieces on different tables, particularly when you’re going to have a large number of tables. Not only will this give your guests even more to look at and allow you to be more creative with your different centerpiece ideas, but each table will have its own unique look and will feel more special for your guests.
- Candles Candles are one of the simplest ways to bring romance into your reception ambiance. For some vintage glam, opt for gorgeous silver candelabras and jazz ‘em up with draping crystals, or for a more simple and budget-friendly option, use candles in different sizes and heights and even colors to create your centerpiece. You can even add ribbon around the candles for a sweet added touch, and it’s totally DIY! You can also add an extra spark to your tables by including candle wedding favors by each place setting for the guests to take home.
- Height When considering the height of your centerpieces, you want them to be either really high or really low, so as not to obstruct the view (and convo!) across the table. Opt for tall, clear vases for a chic or vintage look, or choose low box vases or different colored shorter porcelain vases filled with your floral arrangements. A good rule of thumb – put your elbow on the table with your hand in the air. Where your wrist falls is your eye-line, so you want your centerpieces to be either shorter or taller than that! If your reception venue happens to have very high ceilings, you will def want to opt for higher centerpieces to help draw the eye upward and to balance out the space.
- Mirrors Want to create a big look on a not so big budget? Place mirrors under your centerpieces to make them appear bigger than they really are! This is also a great option for candles – the light reflecting in the mirrors gives off a gorgeous glow.
- Pin-spotting Want to make your centerpieces stand out in your reception? Add pin-spot lights! These are very focused lights that put a mini spotlight right onto your centerpiece, drawing the eye toward them as opposed to the outer walls, particularly if you’re leaving the walls bare.